Optical/Optometric Assistant for Private Eye Care Practice
Benefits include optical and retirement plans.
Paid vacations and holidays for a full-time position.
Position available as Full-time or Part-time and Pay at $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
Fast-paced private eye care team looking for another member. Attention to detail and excellent people skills a must. Responsibilities including pre-testing patients for the doctor, entering of dictated information by the doctor and other healthcare providers while in the exam room with patients. Accepting experience with optical or a desire to learn.
We're Hiring an Optometric Assistant
Requirements and Ideal Experience
Ability to relate and understand the patient's needs with eyewear. Ability to fit patients with proper material, size, coatings, and measurements. Have an understanding of sales with regard to the eye care industry. Ability to understand the patient's insurance and recommend the right eyewear for them.
◦ Proven skills in English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and editing.
◦ Excellent collaboration, listening, communication, patient interaction, and teamwork skills a must.
◦ Additional Language usage a plus!
◦ Ability to learn new computer software quickly and accurately.
◦ Ability to enter data into EHR medical software accurately at an above-average pace.
◦ Office Mate / Exam Writer experience a plus but not required.
◦ Experience as a scribe for an Eye Care Practice desired but not required.
◦ Assist the Doctor by performing pre-testing and then scribing through a patient's exam.
◦ Prepping charts; Enter coding, prescriptions, and any additional information into patient charts.
◦ Sending prescriptions, visit notes, and any correspondences in a timely manner.
◦ Coordinating with fellow Optometric Assistants and other staff on daily flow management.
◦ High School or Equivalent