Optician for Private Eye Care Practice
Benefits include optical and retirement plans.
Paid vacations and holidays for a full-time position.
Position available as Full-time or Part-time and Pay at $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
Fast-paced private eye care team looking for another member. Attention to detail and excellent people skills a must. Experience with optical sales a must. Only Experienced Optician's Need Apply.
We're Hiring an Optician
Requirements and Ideal Experience
Ability to relate and understand the patient's needs with eyewear. Ability to fit patients with proper material, size, coatings, and measurements. Have an understanding of sales with regard to the eye care industry. Ability to understand the patient's insurance and recommend the right eyewear for them.
◦ Proven skills in English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and editing.
◦ Excellent collaboration, listening, communication, patient interaction, and teamwork skills a must.
◦ Additional Language usage a plus!
◦ Ability to learn new computer software quickly and accurately.
◦ Ability to enter data into EHR medical software accurately at an above-average pace.
◦ Office Mate / Exam Writer experience a plus but not required.
◦ Some Lab Experience a plus but not required
◦ Process lab orders and check the material ordered. Balance invoices and credits for frames, lenses, and contacts at month-end.
◦ Process returns for credits and follow up and follow through.
◦ Cut lenses, check-in orders, call Patients for pick up of orders, scan documents into their file.
◦ High School or Equivalent